Wednesday, January 31, 2018

This lovely day

This morning's moon event was not too spectacular here, it peeked between the clouds a few times. I tried hard to capture an image with my D3200 but I couldn't even find the moon in it's viewfinder, let alone get the camera to focus on it. So I whipped out my trusty pocket camera, and this is all I got- not the crisp focus I was hoping for, but at least I do have a photo of an event that won't happen again for over 150 years.


We had sun and clouds today- it sure is feeling like spring is coming soon. I spend my afternoons with the horses, and I love the view as the sun sets on the mountains.


The line from Home on the Range always comes to mind at moments like this "and stood there amazed". And then with my heart  full of that beauty I turn around and see this and my heart overflows:



And oh yeah, I worked Mesa too... so I had a pretty much perfect day.


She packed the blanket from the barn to the round pen, we longed with the blanket still on, we sacked out with the blanket, removing it when she stopped her feet, and then I dragged the tarp while leading her- no problem- and then I laid it out with her still in hand. She stood there and watched curiously and then just walked right over it from both directions. Good girl, Mesa! I love that we make progress every day, and that she always still wants to be with me.
I am also making progress with Rosalee, she is warming up to me again, or maybe it's just that she is letting me know that it was never her that was distant, it was me shutting her out because I stopped trusting her at some point. Either way, we are working on it.


4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

So glad you took a photo of the moon. I missed it totally, the view from this hospital room is limited. Love your mountains too and your Beamer it is beautiful in your part of the world

Linda said...

You got a wonderful photo of the moon. It was pretty clear here. The Canada Geese are all over the place right now, and I’ve seen two flocks flying north. I think that means an early spring.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I think we've talked Ian Tyson before with Stood There Amazed :-). Beautiful photo even if it isn't exactly what you wanted.

aurora said...

I planned on seeing & trying to photograph the lunar eclipse, good thing I didn't hold my breath. Our west/northwest view of it was hidden behind a thick layer of clouds. Very anti-climatic. Love all your views, mountain, horses - all of it! Glad you are Rosalee are reconnecting :)