Thursday, January 11, 2018

Rock'n'roll!

Beautiful afternoon yesterday. I spent a lot of time with the horses, got Rosalee's front feet trimmed, and then decided to ride Beamer since it was so nice. The rain had stopped the day before, and the snow was soggy, not icy.
Beamer was feeling pretty fresh, so before riding, I gave him some time at liberty in the round pen. He had a blast!


After that I hopped on, and went for a li'l ride.


I'm loving these winter bareback rides, and I think Beamer is too. The footing is pretty good- in summer this area is rocky and I'd need hoof boots for him.


See how the snow is splashing like water? It was kind of sparkly too.
Now that Pistol is gone, I will turn my attention more to Mesa. Her kindergarten days begin! On the agenda: learning to be good to trim her feet- I'll need someone to hold her while I trim- but until then it will just be practice in picking up her feet and holding them until I put them down; leading lessons in new places, and some sacking out. Also I have to work with Rosalee on the ground, I won't be riding her until after the foal is born, but there are some things I can work with on the ground to help get a better connection with her and make her a more willing partner.

Riding day 4

5 comments:

C-ingspots said...

He's so danged cute! Just a big ole kid at heart isn't he? I just love that view between those perky little ears of his. :) You're quite blessed to be able to go on these winter rides. If I set out for a lil ride, do believe we'd sink and get stuck in the mud...raining and blowing again today. Lakes in our yard and pastures. *sigh* But as usual, I'm thankful that we're not having flash floods and losing our home in a mudslide. Always so much to be grateful for! I guess a little rain never hurt anybody. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love how Beamer turns on a dime, what a handsome boy he is! :) I am glad you can ride him again:)

lytha said...

The Beamer Sun video was the best one I've ever seen of a horse playing - and in a roundpen!?!

He's wonderful.

aurora said...

Oh Beamer, he was definitely showing his best moves. What a happy guy!! So glad you continue to ride him & enjoy exploring together ~ it's so awesome!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Love watching Mr Handsome dance!