Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Pistol moves on

Today was hauling day for Pistol. He is headed to Alberta.

All lined up saying goodbye

We were a little worried about the weather there- it's above freezing here, and stupid cold over there so I figured I'd better see if he would put up with having a blanket on.
It took about 5 minutes of training and he was quite accepting of this new deal.


However, when the hauler got here he had enclosed the open window slots with plexiglass so it was pretty cosy in there and I made the executive decision not to send the blanket with him, as he won't be unloaded at any point in the trip.
He is sharing a large stall with a li'l companion....


This photo was before the hauler put hay in there and untied the pony. Pistol thought he should have all the hay, and the pony pawed a bunch of it away from Pistol! Haha! They should keep each other busy.
I went back down to the barn after about an hour, and the mares were still hanging out at the gate.

Where's my buddy? Who am I gonna boss around now?

Mama Belle... missing her boy

This is nothing new to mama Belle, but she loves all her foals. Hopefully the next one will be a filly and it can stay!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, he's so cute, but so sad to see him go!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

I'll miss him too, but will be happy to see growing up updates :-).

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh my the herd dynamics will change a little again...they looks so sad:(

aurora said...

Best wishes for a safe haul & adjustment for Pistol at his new home. Please let Shayla know I/your readers would love updates on their progress together! Mesa looks so sad, growing up is hard.