I took her li'l fuzzy cuteness out for a stroll yesterday- look at those ears! So much like Beamer especially if you look at her from the back:
I am so glad she didn't get her mama's long narrow ears.
She did really well on her walk, led well, looked at everything with interest, and didn't spook at anything.
I worked on her picking up her feet and holding them up without jerking away or trying to kick- it will just take being persistent and doing this at least once a day for her to think it's no big deal. I really need to trim her, may get some help this weekend. I did get Rosalee all trimmed, she is so good and very easy to trim.
I noticed that Mesa is starting to shed a few hairs, but she is the only one so far. Beamer is quite slick and didn't grow a lot of hair this winter. Partly the reason I blanket him on the cold, wet or windy days. He hasn't been wearing a blanket lately as it's fairly warm now, as in above freezing during the day and a few degrees below at night.
Rosalee's belly is growing, like Coulee last year she is carrying high and tight as is typical for maiden mares.
5 comments:
Wow, Mesa's ears sure do resemble Beamers from behind. We had a couple days break from the cold last week (into the low 40F) but now back to cold temps. Got in a couple short indoor arena rides on Koda.
Mesa's pretty adorable and smart too. Are planning on keeping Rosalee's foal?
Crystal- that's another story that will be answered on the blog.
Mesa is so cute looking at everything...curious of her surroundings:)
Mesa has a beautiful head. I like how she calmly checks things out and thinks about them. She’s a smart horse.
Post a Comment