Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Back! With camera!


Didya miss me?
Sunday night when my husband got home, he informed me he'd lost my camera, but not to worry, he bought me another one; a Sony Cybershot 12 megapixels. Only thing is it took over 5 hours to charge the battery and I had to buy a memory stick for it. Monday bright and early my brother and I headed to Kamloops to visit my dad, who has Lewy Body Dementia. I managed to get some shopping done, including the memory stick, and Tuesday we spent the whole day with dad. It was a wonderful day, and possibly the last Christmas I'll spend with him- he'll be 82 in the spring.

Dad loves dogs, and they love him. I took Reba with me and she had a blast playing with dad's 2 dogs. We had a good dinner and dad opened his gifts, libations were consumed, and a good time was had by all.
Travelling there is about an 8 or 9 hour trip, depending on which way you go, so it's not one that I make often, but I hope to go back for his birthday in April.
So, since I have a camera again and I missed Sunday Stills, here are, as promised, some pics of my tree, all decorated.

I used all clear lights and red and gold for color.

I love to have birds on my tree, and not a lot of the usual balls and garlands- no garland, in fact!

Gotta have some western ornaments too!


7 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Glad you posted ! I was getting worried. The tree is beautiful. Merry Christmas to you and Ted

Fantastyk Voyager said...

It was worth the wait to see your decorations, beautiful!!

Glad you had a nice visit with your Dad.

Merry Christmas!

The Wife said...

Beautiful tree! Good thing the hubby bought you a new camera! Stinker!

Merry Christmas!

Mrs. Mom said...

Merry CHristmas Shirley!!! Been great getting to know you guys through here.

Really glad you were able to spend such good time with your Dad too. Here's hoping he can still be able to enjoy Christmas with you all next year.

Janice said...

Well finally. I have been checking every hour or so, it was worth the wait, nice post.

Ed said...

Glad to see ya got a new camera and a good one too, the pics are great. My first digital camera was a Sony DCH-H1..:-)

Michele said...

aww:) dad looks cute:) he told me he misses his dog, dakota when he is not with him. your tree is beautiful! i don't use garland either.