That's Foose on the left; he was glad to see me; it meant he could exit gracefully without having to concede defeat. I think Bob quite intimidates the poor little guy; Foose is only 8 months old, and Bob is definitely a mature cat.
I'm not trying to tame him to the point of being a house cat; just want him to hang around and do varmint control without being afraid of the dogs- and without putting the run on poor Foose! I think Kitty Bob really appreciates the catfood I've been putting out for him. I've always liked Manx cats.
The mountains to the west had a pretty pink tinge to them this morning; I managed to capture a little of it as it rapidly faded with the rising sun- yes, sun! The rain clouds have gone, and the north wind and full moon brought clear skies for this week. Of course, that also means it's a little colder too, 4 degrees below freezing is still not too bad for December first in my books. Guess I'll just have to dress a little warmer when I ride Beamer this week- gotta keep him in shape for sorting on Dec. 12th.
This weekend should be fun, we are joining Janice and Dave for the Back Country Horsemen's fundraiser and Christmas bash. Wagon rides, potluck supper, and silent auction, to help raise funds to keep the trails open for riding in the back country; the mountains and lakes around here make for some fantastic rides, as you can see from some of Janice's posts on her blog. We really would like to have a "blogger ride" next year, so check out my post below, and let us know!
2 comments:
He does look like a sturdy cat. Nice that Foose could retreat with grace.
Beautiful view.
cindy
Sounds likea wonderful weeekend ahead
Post a Comment