Monday, December 28, 2009

Something old, something new

Well, my husband went shopping on boxing day.... not like last year, when we took mom to the mall in Calgary, which was a really stupid thing to do on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.... no, we found an ad hanging on a bulletin board at a local gas station, and we agreed that we didn't need this item, and left- but when it comes to antiques at a good price, well, my husband has a weak spot. So a little later out he goes and this is what he came back with, and it fit perfectly beside the tree.

It'a a lovely piece, and a perfect spot for the old clock and antique lamp, both of which didn't have a good place before. It also houses our CD collection. The top drawer is full length- 67 inches long- and will probably hold a few papers and small treasures.
I had fun taking photos with my new camera yesterday, and Beamer was happy to show off for me.

Such a ham!

And so photogenic, not like me.

We don't have much snow yet, but I'm sure that will change,there is snow and mild weather in the forecast for most of the week.

Another great thing was getting my passport in the mail on Christmas Eve- now that was a great gift!

I'm really looking forward to being able to go to the States and hope to visit some of my fellow bloggers next year- at least the ones in Washington and Idaho.

12 comments:

lisa said...

That new,old piece of furniture is just gorgous! You have quite a nice looking ham there! Pass port! You will have to post those bloggers you meet!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

that sideboard is lovely ! Isee why Ted couldn't leave it behind . Beamer is a happy fella I love the pics of him showing off!

The Wife said...

Beautiful piece of furniture. Beamer is quite the show off!

Janice said...

What a ham, I have never seen a horse so into the photo scene.I should get Ted to shop for me, I'm looking for an old Armoire that you can actually hang clothes in. I have been unsuccessful to date.

Tracey said...

Your hubby did good, Shirley! I'd love if City Boy would come home with something like that :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE old furniture.....I just love old things period!!

Cindy said...

Really pretty.
Your horse just did that on his own?
Beautiful view from your yard, breathtaking.
cindy

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Lovely photos! I think you are going to make great use of your new camera. Beamer has such a beautiful, kind eye.

Paint Girl said...

That is a beautiful piece! I also wish my OH would do something like that!!
And there is one of my favorite black horses, gorgeous as ever!!

Crystal said...

Lovely pictures of Beamer as always:) and i LOVE the new furniture, fits just right.

gtyyup said...

They're both gorgeous...since a piece of furniture and a horse can be put in that category!

Your new camera is taking some nice shots too. What did you get?

Maybe you'll come a lil' farther south to Oregon?!? There's been talk of a blogger get together at the Pendleton Roundup in Sept!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me! Pick me! Washington and Idaho aren't really trips at all. They are just walks down the road for you!
You've got to come down here to New Mexico! We'd have so much fun!
Congrats on the new passport...here's to it getting lots of use!
And congrats on the new antique, too. It's a beauty!
And your living room looks like like the sitting room at a beautiful bed and breakfast! So classy and lovely. And your tree. Gorgeous!

Love that shot of Beamer, too. How'd you get him to do that? Might make me a little bit nervous if my mare did that to me. I suppose it's better than getting the rear end buck directed at you, though. hehe!

~Lisa